Date(s) - Nov 04, 2022 - Nov 06, 2022
Edenvale Retreat Centre
ISW Network Facilitator Fall Institute 2022
Friday, November 4 to Sunday, November 6, 2022
Edenvale Retreat & Conference Centre, 4330 Bradner Road, Abbotsford, B.C. Canada V4X 1S8
This is an in-person institute for Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) Network Program Facilitators. The Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) Network Fall Institute is designed for both new and experienced facilitators in the ISW Program. The Institute provides participants with opportunities to share their insights and challenges and to draw on each others’ experiences and expertise within a collegial environment. We will use a variety of small and whole group discussion and presentation formats. Specific activities evolve from an ongoing needs assessment as the event progresses. Participants are asked to come prepared to share ideas, innovations, problems, philosophies, stories, memories, photos and visions.
This year our Institute includes our thirteenth “Nuts and Bolts for All Practitioners” pre-institute session for new facilitators, for those setting up fairly new programs in their institution, and for those experienced facilitators interested in the “nuts and bolts” of the ISW. If you are new to the ISW or would like to share ideas with those who are just starting, please consider arriving early for this Nuts & Bolts session. Bring your questions, your curiosity, your ideas and your experiences.
Where you’ll be
The ISW Facilitator Fall Institute will be at the Edenvale Retreat Centre (opens in a new tab) in Abbotsford, B.C., in the Fraser Valley, an hour’s drive east of Vancouver on Highway #1, and a ten-minute drive from both the Abbotsford International Airport and the Aldergrove/Lynden US border crossing. Edenvale is located on 38 acres of forest and gardens, with over 2 kilometers of walking trails, a picnic area, benches and sitting areas, as well as a wood-fired sauna. We will be living and learning together in a relaxed atmosphere of good humour and fun.
Schedule and Fees
Thursday, November 3, 2022
For those arriving from a distance
- Participants travelling from a distance and staying at Edenvale are welcome to arrive after 3:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday.
- If you plan to arrive between 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM, please contact the ISW Events Coordinator about arrangements before registering. Those unable to arrive by 10:00 PM must make other arrangements for Thursday night accommodation.
- Please note that dinner will not be provided at Edenvale on Thursday, and breakfast will not be provided on Friday.
- Fee for 3 nights Accommodation at Edenvale and 5 meals: Single room – $695 CAD / Double room – $580 CAD.
- Participants who arrive on Thursday and choose not to attend the Nuts & Bolts session may pay $15 CAD for Friday lunch.
Friday, November 4, 2022
Nuts & Bolts pre-institute session
- The Nuts & Bolts session includes lunch served at noon on Friday.
- The session will run from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time.
- Participants are welcome to arrive at Edenvale any time after 10:30 AM PT
- Fee: $25 CAD
Friday, November 4, 2022
Facilitator Fall Institute
- Institute participants who are not attending the Nuts & Bolts session are welcome to arrive at Edenvale any time Friday after 1:00 PM Pacific Time.
- The Institute starts at 5:30 PM PT with dinner for all participants.
- Fee for 2 nights Accommodation at Edenvale & 5 meals: Single room – $560 CAD / Double room – $470 CAD
- Fee for Commuters (includes 5 meals): $300 CAD
Sunday, November 6, 2022
- The institute will end late Sunday morning, around 11:30 AM Pacific Time.
- A bag lunch will be available for participants as they leave.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
If you need to cancel your registration, please let us know as soon as possible. A $110 cancellation fee applies after 4:00 pm, Friday, October 14, 2022 (PDT). No Refunds will be issued after 4:00 pm, Friday, October 21, 2022 (PDT). Registrants who cannot attend may request their registration be transferred to another member of their institution at no cost. Contact our Events Coordinator at email@example.com for assistance.
Registration closes on October 28, 2022 at 11:00 PM Pacific Time.
If you have any questions about this Fall Institute, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.