ISW Facilitators and FDW Trainers may access the printable (pdf) versions of the ISW and FDW Handbooks. To access the handbooks, you will need to:
- Complete the Facilitator/Trainer Registry form (https://iswnetwork.ca/isw-facilitators-and-fdw-trainer-registry/). Please contact us for any questions related to Handbook access.
- Your registration form will be reviewed for verification. You will be notified via email whether your application is accepted or if we need further information.
- Access the Handbooks via your Resources page: https://www.iswnetwork.ca/login/my-resources/
ISW Handbooks (Login required)
The ISW Handbook accompanies the Instructional Skills Workshop Program and is not meant to be used as a “stand alone” text.
- ISW Handbook Part One April 2021
- ISW Handbook Part Two April 2021
- ISW Handbook Part Three April 2021
- ISW Handbook May 2006
- ISW Handbook Part One in French
- ISW Handbook in Russian
- ISW Handbook in Simplified Mandarin
- ISW Handbook in Spanish
- ISW Handbook in Vietnamese
FDW Handbooks (Login required)
The FDW Handbook accompanies the Facilitator Development Workshop and is not meant to be used as a “stand alone” text.
- FDW Handbook and Facilitator Resources 2016
- FDW Handbook Practical Resources 2015
- FDW Handbook Supplemental Materials 2015
- FDW Handbook and Facilitator Resources 2006
- FDW Handbook in Simplified Mandarin
- FDW Handbook in Vietnamese
FDW Other Resources
FDW Trainers and ISW Facilitators may access the printable versions of the first version of these resources available below. To access the resources you must Login to your account. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding access to the FDW resources.
FDW Practical Resources (Login required)
This section contains information, strategies and ideas relevant to the planning and implementation of an Instructional Skills Workshop or a Facilitator Development Workshop. You will find sample memorandums, schedules, supplies lists, as well as many ISW and FDW feedback forms. The intent in sharing this material is to provide ideas to FDW Trainers, not to endorse a particular approach, documents, or forms. The first version of these resources is being placed on the ISW website as a single document, so material is in Word. In the future we hope to be able to accept contributions in all formats using a variety of media.
FDW Handbook Supplemental Materials (Login required)
Please note that these materials are from a variety of colleagues throughout our community. All are provided in Word format to make it easier for colleagues to adapt and change to meet their needs, but this does mean that formatting may suffer! Charts and graphs particularly fall directly under the spell of the “Word fairies” who have senses of humour beyond ours sometimes, so please check formatting and adjust to your system and your preferences.
These materials include topics dealt with in some FDWs; they are not intended to be a list of topics that anyone should cover in an FDW. What you as an FDW Trainer choose to include in your FDW is your professional choice, using your best professional judgment about what is most important for your participants.